cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C5235 Freezing Intermittently

OSXTrainer
Apprentice

We have 2 C5235 printers and 1-2 times a day the printers will freeze. The power switch does not respond to turn them off, but unplugging and plugging back in brings them back online. I'm not sure what to do because even our local Canon technician has no idea what's happening.

Details:

• Users will send a job (any job from both Mac and PC OS) and the printer software on the computer will hang and say its spooling or that the printer is paused.
  • Printer buttons will then respond with sound for a few presses and then stop functioning altogether.
  • Any attempt to reset power using the power switch is unresponsive.
  • Printer is unplugged from power, then reconnected and printer becomes functional again.

All users have the same PS drivers being used for the printer.

I have tried other drivers with the same results.

I have tried switching power outlets to see if this was an issue, but I get the same result.

Canon on-site technician attempted light troubleshooting, but had no idea where to start or why it was doing this.

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, OSXTrainer! Thanks for posting!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area!

We hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements