cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6180 stopped printing

nowucmike
Apprentice

Hello.

I have a Canon 6180 that has worked like a champ for 5 years, but will no longer print.  It is on the network, has a valid, pingable IP address.  The printer has been removed and re-added to the queue using the latest driver, but when a print job is sent to this device, nothing prints.  From any computer, it appears as if the  job sent.  There are no jobs in the queue for this printer, but nothing is produced.  

I have to say though that sometimes, SOMETIMES, the thing spits out a job.  

Has anyone seen this type of issue?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm afraid your terminology isn't 100% clear.  I"m guessing you are using the printer with a windows OS, but am not sure?

We also don't know how the printer is connected?  You said network, so its either Wi-Fi or ethernet?

Do any of the printer's functions work reliably?  Scanning for example? 

Has something been added or changed?  When was the last time you could print reliably.

Since you know the printer's IP address.  What happens if you open a browser and enter this IP address?  Does the printer's web server diisplay?

Can you perform maintenance tasks?  Alignment, cleaning, etc?

What applications are you printing from?  Does the printer work or print from one application, but not others?

Do you have any Canon utilities installed?  What do these report when you send a job to the printer?  Do they display error messages, etc?

This is an actual image of a print queue (windows).  Jobs sent to a printer will appear here briefly when the job is sent and being spooled to the printer.  Do the jobs you are trying to print appear here briefly, then disappear without something coming out of the printer?    

PQ.png

Answering these question might help us determine what direction or advice to provide.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements