cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6030W not connecting wirelessly/blue tooth with Windows 8.1 PC? Also problems with CD

Pyewhackette
Apprentice

Bought new PC and new printer. The Win 8.1 sucessfully finds my Phone, Roku, and other network items, but not the printer.

When I first installed the Canon cd it defaulted to the 6030L (nothing worked):  ...I finally was able to get it once to find the 6030W,  but when i printed it thru up an Error Msg (Cannot Connect) but it would mysteriously print the documents maybe 8-15 min. later?

AS of 5 days ago--nothing prints!!! PC Blue Tooth cannot see printer! Reboot both PC & Printer does not seem to help. Printer has steady Blue light on. Has dropped off Devices list and will not reinstall.

I see there is already 1 such problem listed with no answer from January this year? Can I expect assistance with this problem or not? Thank you in advance for reading my concerns and hopefully giving me a solution.

Nolan

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The printer is not Bluetooth compatible. The blue light is the WiFi indicator.

I don't have experience with this printer, but I have installed other Canon printers. It requires following the installation step by step. It also requires that you link the printer to the router, probably via WPS.

Check that you have the latest software and manuals here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/laser_printers/imageclass_lbp...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. I mis-wrote my query, It is the fact that as I noted my router can't see it (the 6030W) although it finds all other network items. Unable to add this printer over my network. The other problem is that, whether i select the download from the link you provide (which I did (deleted everything first)and re-installed) or use the OEM CD it installs printer 6030L not 6030W. I had the 6030L deleted once and it installed the 6030W which worked for a couple of days with a odd 10 minute delay in print jobs (first telling me could it not find the printer/unable to print...but then it would mysteriouslyprint after the long delay). Then the 6030W printer profile in Devices vanished and alI I can get now is the 6030L which will work with a cable. So I have it working today but NOT wirelessly.

If I could download software that insured that it only contained the 6030W printer driver/profile I might be able to resolve the issue. I found nowhere where I could select just the 6030W with either install. Any additional suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I think you would be best to call Canon support directly by phone. I have had very good experience with them.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements