cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot setup the network destination folder for scanner

lufo88
Apprentice

Hi,

I bought a Maxify MB2150. I configured the printer for my computer via wireless. It works, I can print and setup the printer, but I cannot set a network folder as destination for the scanner.

I installed the canon utility toolbox, follow the instruction, but the software show me the error "the printer not available. Please verify is connected" (I roughly translate the error from the italian version of the software).
I try to disable firewall and the anti-malware. Nothing change.

My computer use
Windows 10 Professional
I try to set up a folder scan on the computer itself and on a Rasperry Pi 3 I have.

Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I "resolve" the problem.Smiley Happy

The problem is the lack of support for samba authentication in the tool made by canon. 

I set the destination folder as writable and without authentication and it works: I can add the folder to printer and scan.

Obviously this is NOT a raccomanded solution in a office LAN, but in my home LAN it works.

I hope they add the support to a remote samba server.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon Toolbox.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi,
Thx for the reply.

1) Sure, my printer in the printer list
2) Yep, I am the admin of my computer and the owner in the windows pc. 

I used wireshark to get more info about what happens.
it show me this error
<local Ip MyPc> <local ip printer> SMB 93 Session Setup AndX Response, Error: STATUS_ACCOUNT_RESTRICTION

hope it helps,

Regards

Hi,

I "resolve" the problem.Smiley Happy

The problem is the lack of support for samba authentication in the tool made by canon. 

I set the destination folder as writable and without authentication and it works: I can add the folder to printer and scan.

Obviously this is NOT a raccomanded solution in a office LAN, but in my home LAN it works.

I hope they add the support to a remote samba server.

Announcements