cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install MF4880dw Drivers on Windows 11

LokalX
Apprentice

I type in the printer's IP address in my browser and I can see/communicate with the printer, but when I attempt to install the drivers using MF4800MFDriverV4101 it will not find the printer.  I have turned off all virus and firewall protection, and I have tried both USB and Network installs...nothing.  I've even tried to update the firmware, but fw-2501 also doesn't see the printer.

Anyone else have any luck with a W11 install?

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello LokalX,

The install should work on Windows 11, if the computer is unable to detect the printer during setup, it would usually be a communication issue or something blocking the connection. In this situation, you can start by unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can try the install again to see if the printer is detected. If it is still not found, it would usually mean that the connection is being blocked.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. When connecting via USB, does the computer make any noise when the cable is connected or does the printer appear in device manager under Universal serial Bus Controllers?
  2. What security software are you using on your computer?
  3. Can other computers, detect the printer over the network?

I have the same problem.  The computer does not make any noise.  I was using the antivirus that came with it  (McAfee), but I deleted that and now have Malwarebytes.  It doesn't make any difference, however.  I haven't tried disconnecting the router.  Canon told me they no longer support this printer, and haven't updated the driver.  Is this true?  You are from Canon, right?

Hello,

If the setup is not detecting the printer, you can try refreshing the router to see if the computer can find the printer over the network and turning Malwarebytes off. The printer has reached the end of it's support life so our phone support team does not support the MF4880dw. The forum posts are designed more for peer to peer support among Canon users so they can share tips or help resolve issues, but Canon agents will answer posts and provide links to information.

The last update of the drivers was on 11.25.21. You can locate the updated version of the drivers on our site using the link HERE. Under drivers and software, make sure the operating system is set to Windows and the version is set to Windows 11. The driver file will be the [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4890dw/MF4880dw MFDrivers.

jlowbeer
Contributor

Same problem--I have not been able to use my printer!!  Really annoying!!!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements