Did you mean: 

Can't connect using Send Function Setting Tool

MichaelJScott
Apprentice

Ok, I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question, but here it goes:

Installed  MF414 system via WiFi - no problem

Installed Canon drivers on my PC and found the printer - printed a test page

Installed Send Function Setting Tool

- when I click "Start", I get "<printer ip address> says The entered value is incorrect, or you do not have privileges to perform settings."

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi MichaelJScott.

Check the printer to see if a PIN has been set for the the System Manager.  If you have System Manager access, try disabling TLS, ensure Remote UI is enabled, and disable the Remote UI PIN.

Once you've checked the above, try accessing the Remote UI once more. The Remote UI may be used to remotely navigate the printer's network security settings, which will help troubleshoot the Send Tool functions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Mike!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks Danny,

I'm using a PC running Windows 10 Pro.  It's connected to my home network via ethernet and seems to see the printer fine.

I've tried to connect to the printer using the SFS Tool using Chrome and Opera with the same result from each.

I tried using the tool from a laptop (also running Windows 10) that is connected to the same wireless network and get a Bad Request error.

Thx.

And after refreshing the send request on my laptop I get the same error as from the computer. Is there a password or other setting I need to set on the printer to allow connections?

Hi MichaelJScott.

Check the printer to see if a PIN has been set for the the System Manager.  If you have System Manager access, try disabling TLS, ensure Remote UI is enabled, and disable the Remote UI PIN.

Once you've checked the above, try accessing the Remote UI once more. The Remote UI may be used to remotely navigate the printer's network security settings, which will help troubleshoot the Send Tool functions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Darius!
Announcements