cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD/DVD label Software limitations.

Droidling
Apprentice

I replaced my artisan 837 with a Pixma MX922. I like the printer but the software seems very restrictive. I've been looking through the Image Garden manual and I get how to use the standard templates to print CD labels. I would like to be able to put images where I want them, change the aspect ratio of the frames, and even stretch an image to fit. is this possible with cannons software? Can I make up my own templates?

I read that Cannon does not recommend printing DVD/CDs with anything but Image Garden.  Why? My inital impression of Image Garden is not good. I have been working with computer software for image manipulation for more than 30 years. I have had to learn a lot of different software. I don't recall ever being so frustrated with the limitations of a program.  Are there any other options?

6 REPLIES 6

skykingrgc
Apprentice

I have the same problem. It seems as Canon has done a very poor job with thier latest drivers / software. I found several articals that says Canon no longer include the print to cd option for US customers. If that's true then I'll have to return this printer before my two weeks are up.

I am of the same opinion. Image garden software and its limitations are causing me severe productivity issues when creating templates for printable CDs. The Picture / Image sizing issues, the poor handling arrangements for positioning of images, the fact that you have to place images within a frame, the fact that you have to resize the images externally are all intensely frustrating and a task that used to take me 5 minutes in the previously bundled CD Labelprint is takinf me 20 or 30 minutes. Thank you Canon for replacing a simple, intuiitive and easily handled piece of software and replacing it with utter dross. Next time I want a direct to disk cd printing capability, it will not be Canon (although the printer itself is fine)

Hi There

The only alternative to the ridiculously under performing Image Garden is the later offering called Easy-Photoprint EX. It is an improvement over Image Garden but still not as flexible as the previous software. I had a very rude response from the Canon helpline which basically told me that they produce printers and drivers not software upon which I told him that the facilities that they put into their printers such as direct cd priniting were the selling points for the printer (I use this particular printer for nothing else) and the software that runs and supports those features is thus paramount to the users. He didn't want to know and was quite aggressively rude in response to my point. Unless they improve the software, I won't be investing in another Canon Printer.

I would note that whilst the new software does  allow a picture to be imported, it brings it into a frame and does not permit easy scaling of the picture to suit the CD layout as earlier (prior to image garden) Canon bundled software did. This is the main point of being able to produce professional looking cds or dvds.

Come on Canon - step up to the mark!The first attempt was utter crap, the latest set is OK but not good. How about a third try at emulating software that you used to include about 5 years ago. Going Backwards isn't good!

I just ought a Canon TS9520 printer and desicovered that I can nolomnget use Diusc Cover DVD labeling software for the Mac because the printe ris npt supported. I also tried NCH Disketch software on a trial basis and it also his prodoes not support the er Canon TS9250 printer. I have used two Canon Pixma 922 in the past before they no lomnger worked and do not weant to buy thios printer agian because the model is so old. Do not by any of the new Canon Printers becauise you rum the chance of not being suppoorted by the current DVD labeliung software.

The supplied Canon supplied Easy Photo-Print software works but the images are washed out and look terrible.No way to correct the color and brightness.

DHoroba
Apprentice

I'm locking  those program's I have one only have!

It is Easy Print Toolbox-prints a photo a text & on a Cd/DVD

is there some program for those products?

Thanks!  DHoroba   [removed personal information per FORUM GUIDELINES]

Please answer on this; Thank's!

dsapadin
Apprentice
Woah you hit it right on the head. This print to DVD software is horrible. Terrible. Worthless. And Canon still won't put something out like Epson has (Print CD) doesn't get any easier than that.
Announcements