cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C5051 Not printing JPG's to users mailbox or forcing black and white

crewrd
Apprentice

We have an iR-ADV C5051 that is shared via a Windows 2003 SP2 server.  The printer is setup with a mailbox for every user and asks for a pin when printing in color.  This has worked fine for a couple of years but has recently stopped working.

The computers are a mix of x86 and x64 Windows 7.  It will print black and white documents to the users mailbox just fine however if the user tries to print a black and white jpg it does not go to their mailbox, it either prints out directly or shows that its printing on the computer but goes nowhere.  Also if the user prints black and white jpgs from Windows preview it asks for the department pin but if you print from mspaint it prints out directly or to nowhere.

We have tried driver versions 21.40, 21.30, and 21.20 and they all have the same issue.  I would like to create two shared printers one that is black and white only and the other being color with a password.

1. Can anyone point me in the right direction for troubleshooting the existing issue?

2. How can I force the print driver to only print items in black and white even if they are in color?

1 REPLY 1

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello crewrd!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for posting!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements