cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost New Canon Color Imageclass MF644Cdw

mikegmazzone
Contributor

Hello,

I would to start out by saying I am very limited in my technical abilites.

I recently purchased a Canon Color ImageClass MF644Cdw . It was very difficult for me to set up both for printing and for scan to email. I was able to do so by watching youtube videos. It has since been working perfectly for the past 2 months.

However today it wont print. The scan to email works correclty however. I am using an HP 17 laptop running windows 10 home version 2004 OS build 19041.1052 64 bit .  I have the printer connected via usb to the laptop.

When i try to print nothing happens, and it just says waiting at the bottom of the screen. When i look at the print job log on the printer it was saying error #853.   I reset my computer and unplugged the printer for 10 mintues, and made sure it was plugged into a wall outlet directly. I restarted it and now it is saying error #099.

Can anyone please help me. I have what seems to be a very good printer that i have no idea how to use or set up, and is way over my head technically wise.

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

mikegmazzone
Contributor

also i did download the newest driver from Canon.com.  This didnt help either,

Greetings,

Tough for me to help as I cannot reproduce this on my machine. 

You said "almost new"...  does that mean you might have purchased someone else's problem?

Which driver(s) did you install?

I see 2 different UFR drives avaialble 

Cause 1
The job could not be executed when you tried to print a large number of pages on the printer, due to insufficient resources.
Remedy
Reduce the number of pages to print, or execute the job again when there are no other reserved print jobs.
Cause 2
When sending print data to the machine from a computer, the job could not be executed because it was cancelled from the printer driver.
Remedy
Perform the operation again.
Cause 3
The spool region for the received data became full and all the data from the host could not be spooled with [Use Spool Function] set to 'On' in [Network Settings] in [Preferences] (Settings/Registration).
Remedy
Set [Use Spool Function] to 'Off' in [Network Settings] in [Preferences] (Settings/Registration), and perform the operation again. (See "Communication Environment Setup.")
Cause 4
The maximum received data size was exceeded when processing the received data.
Remedy
Perform printing again when all the jobs are complete. If you still cannot perform printing, check the sent data.

Cause 1
The job was cancelled.
Remedy
Perform the job again.
Cause 2
An error occurred because the main power switch was turned OFF while executing a job.
Remedy
Check whether the main power switch is turned ON, and perform the operation again, as necessary. (See "Main Power and Control Panel Power.")

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

sorry, yes i bought brand new from staples a few months ago.

I downloaded the most recent driver on canons website, i think it was from last month.

Hello Mikegmazzone,

Those errors will usually point to a problem with the job making it's way to the printer. In this situation, you can try clearing any jobs waiting to be printed on your computer and then resetting your print spooler.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  2. In the window that comes up, you can scroll through the list of services and then highlight the print spooler.
  3. Click on the option to restart in the upper left hand corner.

Once the spooler has been restarted, you can try printing again. If you still run into the same issue, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Does this only happen when printing from a specific program? If so, what program are you using?
  2. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  3. How many pages are in the print job?

For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements