cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing TR150 for extended time

BEBaker8
Contributor

I spend two weeks a year out of the country, so I purchased a new TR150 for doing my printing while traveling. I wonder what the best way is to store it while not being used. With my previous printer (same model, but an older version), I could never get it to print at all, even after replacing ink cartridges and a new print head. So I bought a new one and need to know how best to store it for a year in order for it to be up and ready to go. I am sure that it would be good to not store the ink cartridges in the printer, but wondering about any other steps to keep it from clogging up.

Thank you for your help.

Brett

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No inkjet is going to do well being stored for a year without use, Plastic bag might help, but chances are, its going to clog sitting for that amount of time.

Best option, print from it once a month.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. Obviously, I can get new ink cartridges each year, but is there a way to clean the print head before storing it?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does the construction of the TR150 print head look similar to this?

(1) How to remove and clean a Canon printhead - YouTube

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It’s very similar to that one and I bet the process would be the same. Thank you!

Announcements