cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELPHY CP1500 Won't Print 4" x 6"

ftaormina
Apprentice

I am appalled at Canon's lack of service and incompetence.  I called their help number and soon found out that the number I called was a company that was under contract with Canon. 
The problem was, what I thought was pretty simple.  The printer would not print in 4x6 mode which is the actual size of the printer paper.  It would only print in Credit Card, Metric, or Japanese Post Card.  
What I found more appalling was that after a short conversation and some promises for me not to worry because this, "tech" could fix it for me.  Low and behold, this soon became a sales call and he said he could only fix it for me if I agreed to a $249.00 fee for him doing it.  
The **bleep** printer only cost $139.00 on Amazon.  
I WILL NEVER USE CANON PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!!!   EVER.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, ftaormina!  We can understand your concern and it sounds like you might have reached someone who is not affiliated with Canon USA.  We don't charge for support for a product within its warranty period and while some products may carry a support fee if they're out of warranty, it's far less than what you cited.  To get support for your SELPHY CP1500, please register it with Canon USA first and then you'll get access to all of your support options including our official 800 number.  Our support team is open Monday through Friday.  That registration page is right here.

Hope this helps!

ftaormina
Apprentice

Contacted Canon Help two days ago, because my Canon Selphy wasn't working properly.  The help desk was useless, failed to fix the printer and then to add insult to injury tried to talk me into spending $249.00 so they could, "fix" my computer. 
Then today, I tried to contact them to complain about the service and the agent immediately closed the chat without responding. 
If this is the kind of response, I can expect from Canon, I'll be spending my money elsewhere. 
BTW - the problem with the Selphy didn't actually require the $249.00 fix. I had a more technically advanced friend fix it in 10 minutes by adjusting the settings. 
I'm sure this post will not be here long but I will continue to be annoying until I get a response from Canon. 

@ftaormina wrote:

Contacted Canon Help two days ago, because my Canon Selphy wasn't working properly.  The help desk was useless, failed to fix the printer and then to add insult to injury tried to talk me into spending $249.00 so they could, "fix" my computer. 
Then today, I tried to contact them to complain about the service and the agent immediately closed the chat without responding. 
If this is the kind of response, I can expect from Canon, I'll be spending my money elsewhere. 
BTW - the problem with the Selphy didn't actually require the $249.00 fix. I had a more technically advanced friend fix it in 10 minutes by adjusting the settings. 
I'm sure this post will not be here long but I will continue to be annoying until I get a response from Canon. 

Greetings,

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this.  You were scammed.  You did not contact Canon Support.  I suggest you contact your financial institution and let them know what happened, and that you unintentionally provided your credit card information to online thieves.  If this did occur, I would ask them to cancel your card and reissue a new one.

Canon does not perform computer repair.  You did not speak with Canon.  I'm sorry.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

This sounds like a scam, which is very unfortunate.  Make sure you actually went to the real Canon support web site. Scammers have created fake ones so as to trick callers into revealing personal and financial information.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

All Canon USA support is obtained from your My Canon Account. You will log in at https://canon.us/account or https://myprofile.americas.canon.com/us/signin 

Sometimes you can start support from our site at https://usa.canon.com for some products but not many.

Support from Canon USA is $20 for out-of-warranty products. 

Announcements