cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELPHY CP1300 Cord Connection to Phone

alb3301
Apprentice

does anyone know what kind of cord I would buy to connect my I phone to the selphy 1300 printer to print when I’m not able to use Wi-Fi? Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi alb3301! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you would like to know if you can use a USB cable to connect your SELPHY CP1300 to an Apple iPhone.

It is not possible to use a USB cable to connect the CP1300 to an iPhone. If you are not able to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi, you can set up a “Direct Connection.” When you enable the Direct Connection option, the printer will broadcast its own Wi-Fi signal. You can connect your iPhone to the printer’s signal when you want to print.

Instructions for setting up the Direct Connection option can be found in pages 46 through 50 in the printer’s User Manual. If you would like to open the PDF version of the manual, please visit the following website:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300027502/02/selphycp1300-pug2-en.pdf

After you set up the Direct Connection, you can open the Wi-Fi settings window on your iPhone and connect your device to the printer’s signal with the password you set up. Then, open the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on your iPhone and let it search for the printer. If the app does not search for the printer when you open it, please tap on the symbol that looks like a printer in the top LEFT corner of the window and wait for the printer to appear on the list. Then, tap on it.

You can find more information about the Direct Connection option in the following web article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168218

Please be sure to read the instructions for Direct Connection (not Wi-Fi).

You can use a USB cable to connect the printer to a computer. You’ll need a USB cable that has a Mini-B connector on one end. The other end of the cable should fit the USB port on your computer. Most computers have USB-A ports, but newer Mac computers have USB-C ports. Please make sure that the cable you purchase can be used for data transfer and is no longer than 6 feet. More details about using a USB cable to connect to a computer can be found starting on page 64 of the User Manual mentioned earlier.

We also recommend connecting the cable directly to a port that is on your computer. Using an adapter or external USB hub has been known to cause communication issues.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for choosing Canon.

Announcements