cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP110 Not Recognizing Ink Cartridges

crookpro
Apprentice

All I am trying to do is see if my Pixma iP110 can be repaired. Canon makes it impossible to do so. I would love for an exec at Canon to experience this. If I thought there was a viable solution, I would be purchasing a different brand immediately. I have spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get help. If you call about a purchase, they answer on the first ring. I can't get through to anyone about repair service AT ALL.

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, crookpro!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know what problem your PIXMA iP110 is exhibiting.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny, The printer no longer recognizes the printer cartridges. It has been used very little over the last few years due to covid. I have started touring again and it was working fine in March but when I took it out of my briefcase in June it refused to print due to this issue. I have used contact cleaner and have checked all of the contacts and they appear to be good. At this point, all I want to know is if Canon offers repair services for it as a new similar printer is now up to almost $250.00 and they are in short supply. Canon makes it impossible to reach someone to even ask if it can be repaired. If you know of any way to find someone from Canon that I can reach out to so I can ask a simple question, I am all ears.

Just clicked on the link provided and it leads straight to the phone number to call. I cannot go any further....ridiculous!

Hi,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If that does not work, the printer has experienced a hardware issue and would need to be replaced. Canon does not have any repair shops that would be able to repair the printer. You have the option to take the printer to any local electronic repair shop in your area for service. 

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi crookpro,

I had exactly the same issue with IP110 Pixma. I also did not use it for a couple of years because of coivd. I bought new original ink cartridges, upon inserting it was blinking 4 orange signals and told me:

Error 1660, cannot regognize cartridges / not installed. Also red lights did not show up on cartridges.

I fixed it, what I did is:

1. I took new SOFT toothbrush, and a clean and dry piece of toilet paper (paper towel would also be good).

2. I gently removed the Black Ink cartridge and set it securely aside.

3. I rubbed the contacts / contact area OF THE PRINTER with toothbrush for a little bit. Then I gently rubbed it with toilet paper. I did not rub contacts of the ink cartidge itself at all, just the contatcs area of the printer.

4. I reinserted the Black cartrige, and the RED light on it immediately turned on! I was super happy 🙂

5. I repeted the procedure for Color cartridge, also it immediately worked!

Hope this helps! This problem was super annoying for me to figure out, thats why I registered account here - to let you know it's solvable 😉

Regards!

Thank you so much fir this idea! I’m going to try it. First thing I’ve seen that gives me hope in resolving this problem!! Kate

rookster33
Apprentice

I am having the same issue and nothing that I have tried has worked.  The printer worked fine yesterday and I got nothing today.  GGRRRRR.  I don't want to spend $250 on a new one.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements