cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA IP100 B200 Error

BEBaker8
Contributor

My IP100 printer sat idle for a long time.  But I put in new ink cartridges and it was printing just fine.  But someone suggested that I also replace the print head, so I ordered a new one, put it in, and got an Error B200.  Took the new print head out and put the old head back in, but I can't get back to where I was at least printing because of this B200 error.  I have cleaned the original print head but can't seem to do anything to get beyond the error. What can I do?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This might help:

Common Printer Problem: Canon Printer Error B200 – Smart Print Supplies

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you very much, John.  I had my old printhead installed from years ago and the black was printing but not the color.  I currently didn't need color so life was just fine only printing black.  But I followed the advice to get a new print head and installed it and got the B200 error with the new head.  I continue to get that error having removed the new printhead and re-installed the old one.  Does the printer need to be reset to factory defaults?  I am just trying to get back to being able to print in B & W with the old printhead for now.  Also is there any option out there for paid tech support?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know the answer to those questions. I do see various for-pay support sites pop up but I don't know anything about them.

The printer may have reached the end of its service life. Maybe one of the moderators will see this and have some advice.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

BEBaker8
Contributor

Thank you.

Announcements