cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Pixma IP90 in Win10

DH371
Contributor

Hi, I've used a Pixma IP90 for travel for years. When I changed to Win10 about 3 years ago I found a driver on the Canon Far Eastern website which worked perfectly. I recently changed my laptop and the driver on the Far East site is the same as on all Canon sites, it only allows printing in B&W. Does anyone have access to a driver for Win 10 which gives funtionality to print in colour ? Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FatboyJim
Apprentice

Hi Shadowports / DH371, newbie poster but a Canon PIXMA iP90 user for <cough> 15+ years (same printer!)... I've recently purchased a Windows10 (64-bit) laptop and have been having issues getting my PIXMA iP90 running at all (previous laptop upgraded from Windows7 to 10 so was running fine!).

I tried the iP90 driver in Windows7 compatibility mode as Shadowports suggested, but had no joy. Windows10 kept reporting 'no driver' when adding via USB and nothing seen with bluetooth (BT-001), so thought I would have to finally hang up its leads.

While searching for a suitable replacement (PIXMA TR150) I had a flash that I'd not tried the newer PIXMA iP90v driver, so downloaded from Canon (v 2_00a-ea21), set the executable to Windows7 compatibility (via properties), plugged the USB in and Windows10 immediately picked up as an iP90, printing a test page perfectly.

Added a 2nd printer (copy) and changed the port properties to BT-001, unplugged the USB and Bluetooth test page printed straight away too.

Thank you both for the suggestions and pointers (even 3 years on!) ... not so sure my iP90 will be so happy - it was probably looking forward to retirement!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Canon recommends installing the W7 driver in compatibility mode.  I don't see anything about the W7 driver being limited to print B&W only.

Pixima IP90

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, I'll give it a shot - David

Hi Shadowsports, thought i should send a follow up reply in case anyone is looking for aswers to the same problem. Unfortunately I have not been able to try the win 7 driver as I am unable to get the printer to power up. I have asked about this in a separate post and it sounds as thought the printer is dead - it was a very old printer !  Thanks anyway, David

FatboyJim
Apprentice

Hi Shadowports / DH371, newbie poster but a Canon PIXMA iP90 user for <cough> 15+ years (same printer!)... I've recently purchased a Windows10 (64-bit) laptop and have been having issues getting my PIXMA iP90 running at all (previous laptop upgraded from Windows7 to 10 so was running fine!).

I tried the iP90 driver in Windows7 compatibility mode as Shadowports suggested, but had no joy. Windows10 kept reporting 'no driver' when adding via USB and nothing seen with bluetooth (BT-001), so thought I would have to finally hang up its leads.

While searching for a suitable replacement (PIXMA TR150) I had a flash that I'd not tried the newer PIXMA iP90v driver, so downloaded from Canon (v 2_00a-ea21), set the executable to Windows7 compatibility (via properties), plugged the USB in and Windows10 immediately picked up as an iP90, printing a test page perfectly.

Added a 2nd printer (copy) and changed the port properties to BT-001, unplugged the USB and Bluetooth test page printed straight away too.

Thank you both for the suggestions and pointers (even 3 years on!) ... not so sure my iP90 will be so happy - it was probably looking forward to retirement!

DH371
Contributor

Smart thinking FatboyJim - well done! Sadly I no longer have that printer as after a long life it seems some essential component had died. Good luck with yours .

stn79
Apprentice

There are Windows 10 drivers for the ip90, but Windows Update doesn't automatically load them. You have to manually download them from the Microsoft Catalog (catalog.update.microsoft.com) and install them manually

I wrote a tutorial here: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Mobile-Compact-Printers/Can-t-get-PIXMA-ip90-to-work-on-Win10/m-p...

Announcements