cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless camera recommendations w/ auto-downloading to desktop of pictures

Bernardgill
Contributor

After the Eye-Fi ceased operations a few years ago I have been searching for a reasonably priced camera, or wireless (I'll even settle for a wired system) sim card platform that will allow our church membership team to take new member portraits with the ability to seamlessly auto transfer the photo to the department desktop computer. We are currently faced with the time taking process of downloading the pics via cable and Canon's picture transfer program, which is a process that no one is adapt at performing outside of me. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernardgill,

I could be wrong, but I don't think EOS Utility will download pictures automatically as you take them, You have to hit a button instructing the software to download a picture that has been taken and stored on the camera's memory card.

However, if you use the software to do remote shooting (tethered shooting), you may get a preview of the picture pop up on your computer screen. I use a software app called Camera Connect and Control to do remote shooting on my tablet and that's what happens on mine.

I personally have never used EOS Utility to do remote shooting with my camera connected to my computer. I've only ever used it to download pictures I've already taken. You can do a batch download, or select a handful of pictures a few at a time.

The nice thing about EOS Utility is that it handles the file structure for you. It automatically creates a folder organized by shooting date.

I've only ever used it to download PAW files, but I'm pretty sure you can download jpegs, and you can use a free program called Irfanview to view and edit them.

EOS Utility is paired with Canon's Digital Professional 4 (DPP4) and you can view jpgs there too and do some minimal editing. Canon offers those programs free.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I found a t6 body on Keh. Thanks so much!

Announcements