cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is a good program to recover erased photos?

gooddog
Apprentice

I accidently erased some photos, and I have found programs listed online to recover the erased images. Any suggestions on a good, safe program to download and use? Prefer free.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Sandisk only found 13 of my photos, so I did not pay for the program to recover my photos. I tried cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec and had great results. Recovered all 192 photos, and was able to create a winderful dvd for my friends. Highly recommend this program. Oh yeah, found that my laptop has a built in sd slot!!!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What brand card is it.  Sandisk and Lexar have there own like Sandisk RescuePro. Lexar Image Rescue.

Or click here.  There are several free ones out there two.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, am trying Sandisk, am will to pay if it works. So far it does not recognize my camera as a drive, and the card reader in my printer is not recognizing my card, so am trying tolocate someone witha card reader.

"... and the card reader in my printer is not recognizing my card ..."

Get a dedicated card reader. Don't try to use the one in the printer. Card readers are not expensive.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Photorec is open source and free. But you will need a card reader.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Sandisk only found 13 of my photos, so I did not pay for the program to recover my photos. I tried cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec and had great results. Recovered all 192 photos, and was able to create a winderful dvd for my friends. Highly recommend this program. Oh yeah, found that my laptop has a built in sd slot!!!!

xinyu
Apprentice

H-Data Recovery Master is a good data recovery software to retrieve all deleted file on PC hard drive, SD card, USB drive, etc.

WilliamMo9
Apprentice

Hey, friend! After experiencing mobile phone Micro SD card file loss problems, I know the deleted data off from memory card could be restored back with the help of deleted data recovery software before these original SD card photos are overwritten by new photos, files and the likes on the same memory card.

So, no matter what happens, always keep this SD card away from new stuffs and go try some photo recovery software.

Honestly, last time, I have read many related articles, posts and threads and learned this. Perhaps, you may also visit these posts and learn more detailed information like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_recovery

Or http://www.icare-recovery.com/howto/memory-card-photo-recovery.html

Timely back up all restored photos well on another memory card, flash drive or hard drive

Announcements