cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'my image garden' ..........

flybynyte
Contributor

i just made a switch from the old XP to a new retina macbook pro. i downloaded canon's printer software---all but 'my image garden'. just curious if anyone uses 'my image garden' with their mac or stayed away from it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Flybynyte!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

btw, i am using a canon pixma mg5420.

phoenix6873
Apprentice

My Problem is a bit different and should be an easy fix if I can get some "TRUE Tech support troubleshooting" 

First Background

ASUS Dual Core 3.0 GHz with Hyper  speed Tech

16 GB RAM

10 GB Free on C:\

40 Gb Free on D:\

Windows 7 Premium 64bit

I do not believe that this is a driver issue as I am able to communicate with the Printer successfully and do simple Printing from several applications.  The problem is purely with the image garden Software.  The Software appeared to install successfully, there were no error messages.  When the "My Image Garden" Software Starts it just stays at the "Please wait......"  I let this go over night and still the software did not load.

Trouble shooting Done:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the original Software - same results

Downloaded latest release of software and installed - same results

Disabled Norton 360 and reinstalled software - same results

"TRUE" troubleshooting recommendations:  How to Put the "My Image Garden  Software in Debug mode so that it produces a log file and we can see where the load terminates or stalls

I am open to other recommendations

Sorry forgot the most important piece of info.  Printer is a Canon PIXMA MX922

Hi phoenix6873,

We do not have a recommendation for putting the My Image Garden software in debug mode, however, we can see if there are some files in a folder called TWAIN_32 other than those related to the printer that may be causing a conflict with the My Image Garden program.  If there are, we can temporarily remove the files to see if this will allow the program to launch.  To move the files, please follow these steps:

1.  Go to Computer / My Computer and locate the C: drive, then double-click on it to open.

2.  Locate the WINDOWS folder, then double-click to open it.

3.  Locate the TWAIN_32 folder, then double-click to open it.

4.  Inside of the TWAIN_32 folder, you will see a folder for your PIXMA MX922 printer as well as a WIATWAIN.DS file.  If there are other files in that folder, you will want to move them to another location, preferably your Desktop by doing the following:

4-1.  Click on each of the other items in the folder other than the the WIATWAIN.DS file and MX922 folder to select them.  You will want to hold the the CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting each of the items until all of the items except for the two referenced above are selected.  Please be sure to leave the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX922 folder inside of the TWAIN_32 folder.

4-2.  With all of the items you want to move selected, please go to the EDIT menu and select the CUT option.

4-3.  Go to your Desktop (main window that comes up when you start Windows with all of the icons on it) and right-click your mouse in any blank area, then choose the PASTE option.  The items you selected from the TWAIN_32 folder should appear on the Desktop.

5.  Try to launch My Image Garden again.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements