cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Canon drivers be updated for Mac Big Sur operating system?

BobVB3
Apprentice

The current drivers for Canon printers on Apple produts have never worked with the beta of the Big Sur operating system. (they only print table outlines but no text).  Feedback to Apple acknowledges that many people have reported this but the reply is the "OS is operating as currently designed", meaning Apple feels its Canon's problem.

Once the OS is public, how long will it be until Canon releases updated drivers? Anyone have any insight, experience, or notion of when (or if) they will do so?

46 REPLIES 46

StevenZK
Apprentice

Just installed printer and scanner drivers for my imageCLASS D420 from here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

into my iMac running 11.2.2 and all good again!

RichardVore19
Apprentice

I also have this problem and only have the one printer.  WHEN?

ychelys
Apprentice

FOR CANON PIXMA E402? ANY COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION?

I think many of Us believe in Canon, I understand Mac has that problem but CANON should improve their software compatibility; because of good customers like us.

Regards!

nivrameel100118
Apprentice

is mg3070s printer compatible now?

JymDyer
Apprentice

We have an MF4100 printer. It works with Big Sur, but we have to reset the printing system and reinstall the driver.

Every time Apple does a system update, we have to do this all over again!

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-mac-printing-system-solve-a-problem-mh14001/mac

Nelson_Hoffman
Apprentice

I have been printing successfully to an MG7520 for several years, using a 2017 MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Recently I bought a new MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur 11.5.1, and I find I can no longer print to the MG7520. No drivers are available for the MG7520 that are compatible with Big Sur, apparently. Does anyone know when a driver will become available? Earlier posts contain some good answers to similar questions, but I wanted to ask specifically about MG7520 and macOS 11.5.1. Thanks ---

Miqs
Contributor

Well it's now 2023 and nothing has changed.  I now find that Canon Print Studio Pro cannot run on Mac Ventura OS because Apple have beaten Canon yet again to the punch!  After asking why, I am told Canon usually wait for approx 2 months after OS updates before updating apps.  Apple give plenty of notice to all developers when there is an update due but Canon seem to ignore this.  I am gradually losing patience with Canon and thinking seriously about moving to Epson.  It's all so frustrating!

Announcements