cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M200 Orderes Cancelled TWICE

ericy1
Apprentice

I ordered an EOS M200 at 1:27AM on Dec 30, 2022, but I received an email saying my order was cancelled at 10:12AM. I checked my bank account, and there is a pending transaction. Then I called the customer support asking why my order got cancelled, but the lady talked in an impatient and overbearing manner. She said the pending transaction would fall off in 48-72 hr and asked for my card number to make another order. I decided to believe her and made another payment (11:00AM).

However, I got another email at 3:36PM about the cancellation of the second order. There's also a pending transaction for the second payment. So I called the customer support again, but the representative could not explain why the order got cancelled, though the lady's was a bit more friendly and didn't ask me to pay.

I'm a bit disappointed at this point. If Canon cannot ensure the placement of an order, then it should not initiate the transaction at the first place. Nor should a representative induce the customer to pay again if they're unsure about whether the order would succeed.

I'd like still like to get the camera with the same deal, but I don't want to be charged before I get back the money for the two cancelled orders.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, ericy1!  We can understand your frustration and we recommend giving our sales team a call to see how they might be able to help.  You can reach them weekdays and Saturdays (excluding holidays) at 1-800-385-2155.

Hi Danny, thanks for reaching out. But as I said in the post, I called the support/sales team at 1-800-385-2155, but the order still got cancelled even if it's placed by a representative as an "order placed by store administrator".

We do not have access to the sales system here on the Canon Community. The people who can look into this are our sales staff. We would recommend reaching out to them and asking for a supervisor if the representative is unable to assist. 

Thanks for your reply.

Announcements