cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty clock starts upon pre-order?

aatreya
Apprentice

I have placed a pre-order for the Canon R5 Mark II. I just looked at the official Canon warranty terms here: https://downloads.canon.com/nw/cso/warranties/warranty_EOS_digital_camera.pdf

The terms state that the warranty is valid "for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase", NOT from the date of delivery of the order. In my case, the delivery date it is over a month after I placed the preorder. Does that mean I lose more than a month of warranty?

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks. Sounds like hopefully this won’t be an issue in practice, but the terms are still misleading since they say the warranty starts on purchase date and not date of receipt or delivery. Seems like the warranty terms should be updated to reflect that this is the intended situation. Can you pass that along to the appropriate folks?

Most of the time, it's not an issue. The product ships the day of or the day after the order is placed and is in your hands a day or two later.

As mentioned a few times above, the warranty will not start on pre-orders until they are converted into actual orders. That will not happen until Canon USA receives the product from Canon Inc., and we actually charge your card. At that point, you own the product - it's assigned to your My Canon Account, and will be in your hands usually within 2 days. 

Announcements