cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third-Party Technical Support

pdacus
Apprentice

When I contacted Canon via the website about a technical issue regarding our printer, I was referred on to a company by the name of Tek-Wire.  The person I talked to made me very nervous.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is Tek-Wire a legitimate tech support company for Canon?  I have to assume so since Canon online chat referred me on to them.   Tek-Wire tried to sell me stuff I did not need.  Very concerning that Canon is using a company like this.  I would like feedback from people who are familiar with Tek-Wire or Canon's technical support set up. 

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I thought for sure that there was an announcement on this. There are many scam Canon sites out there. Make sure that the URL is correct. Can you post the URL from the site you visited?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Pdacus,

Canon does not contract or farm out their support.  Whomever you contacted, or think you contacted was not Canon.  

If you are in the United States

Visit This site > MyCanon

Create an account, register your product and contact support through this portal.  

Its easy to be redirected or scammed as kvbarkley pointed out.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Danny

Hi, pdacus!  Your safest bet is always to get support right from the source, so we recommend registering your Canon product HERE so you can access all of the official support channels from Canon USA, each of which is operated in-house.

This forum is also one of those support channels, so since you're already here, feel free to start a new thread about the issue you're experiencing with your Canon product and everyone here will be glad to offer their insight.

Hope this helps!

Announcements