cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fall and Rise of Vivian Maier:

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

I am not a street photographer.   As one who hates having their own photograph taken and, with some confidence, suspects that, like the Medusa, an attempt to capture my image might turn a camera and its operator to stone: I cannot, in all conscience, easily impose myself on the privacy of others.   That said, I can admire those who excel in the genre and recognize that it does not necessarily demand intrusion.

I have always said that photography is much more than the technology, and to gain competence one should not only take a lot of photographs but also study the great works of others: painters and photographers, to see and learn from how they craft their work.

One such is Vivian Maier, whose work is not only considered outstanding, but whose backstory is fast becoming the stuff of legend, and debate in itself.  So, for those who may find this interesting, I enclose an article I drafted for another site on the story of Vivian Maier, her work and the controversy she left in her wake.

The Fall and Rise of Vivian Maier 

Maier Self Portrait.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements