cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner for slides

daveb48
Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question and I apologize if it is not. I have a large number of 35 mm slides, most of which are 50 years old and older, from my childhood. I need to digitize these photos and am told I need a scanner of some sort to do this. There are many of these available. I need some suggestions as to which ones to consider that provide a quality output but don't break the bank. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Bates

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Canon's 5600F and 9000F both support film and negative scanning.  They are flatbeds - if you can still find them for sale.

Epson aslo make good flat bed scanners that do negatives - V550, 600, 800 Pro - Saw some at BestBuy

The demand for these product has diminished greatly the last few years. 

Plustek makes negative only scanners.  They only do film, but are one of the higher rated products.  You get what you pay for.  If you go cheap, you get cheap.  These are available on Amazon - Kodak too.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements