cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Card Access

bimon
Apprentice

Hello all

I'm using a ScanDisk 32GB CF for my 7D.  I received such a info  "Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera" message.  I formatted the card after receiving the message the first time before my doughter's party and took around 100 pictures and all seemed fine.  When turned on for the second game, I received the same error message!  From what I have read, I'll loose all the images if I reformat the card again.  Am I doing something wrong, should  I change card?
I also read on  http://360camerasforums.com/index.php?/forum/25-apps-software-editing/ but couldn't find info. k

regards
b
1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Am I doing something wrong, should  I change card?"  Smiley Indifferent

Probably not but, yes, you should not trust that CF card any longer.  Always format the CF card with the camera you intend on using it with.  Never a computer or different camera.

If you can not access the CF card, put it into your computer card reader.  D/L a recovery program, Sandisk has an excellent one.  See if it can retrieve your photos.

32 GB is pretty big.  I limit my CF cards to 16 GB and change them more often.  I even use 8 GB a lot.  It spreads out you risk of a bad card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements