cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New camera buyer

addiigracee
Apprentice

I’m looking at getting a cannon m50, is it a good camera? But most importantly what I’m looking at is lenses for sports photography. What would be the best recommendations? Maybe cheapest options? The seller is offering  50mm lens, 30mm lens, 23mm lens, 15-45mm lens, 55-200 mm lens along with the camera. Would any of those be good for sports photography? 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The M series has been discontinued.  Instead, consider the R series.  If you provide a budget, we can make some suggestions.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
As my colleague, Rick, has correctly stated, the M50 - and in fact the whole M series - have been discontinued for some time.  If you are starting out, I would not recommend buying into a platform that is no longer supported.   
Also, his request for a budget $value (the term "budget" is very relative) is pretty critical.

Further information that would help is:
Is the sport you are wanting to shoot indoors or outdoors?  The difference in the amount of light has a significant difference.
Is the sport something close quarters (e.g. basketball) or a field sport (football, or baseball) where participants may be a considerable distance.   That has a significant impact on the focal lengths involved.
What will you be producing?  Is your output for social media, digital display, small-medium prints, or very large, detailed ones?   That has impacts on all aspects, as the former ones are far less demanding than the latter.
Are you intending to shoot stills or video?  If video, what are your output requirements for that?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements