cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canoscan 9000F has an error code:5,202,54. Is anyone familiar with this?

maxbrinson98
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

Crista
Whiz

Hi maxbrinson98!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or OS 10.X) you are using and where you see the error message. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

Crista, it's windows 7. I was able to fix it by reinstalling the canoscan program. Thanks for getting back to me on this problem. I'll be sure to give more info next time I have any other issues.

This is a very common problem. I have a CanoScan 9000F and at least once every 5 attempt, I get error code 5,202,54. Sometimes the only way to fix it is to shutdown the PC and start again, sometimes I had to reinstall the driver: a lengthy process! I asked several time Canon to provide a fix but it looks like Help Desks are designed to prevent customers to submit requests to development team, so there was no way to have a patch. I wonder where is the value to have good hardware if the software to use it is so poor. 😞

This problem exists since 2012 and Canon development team continue to ignore it. I still have it and I changed three Canon scanners. The problem is related to the driver. As many hardware manifacturer, Canon demonstrates to be VERY WEAK in software.

makel
Apprentice

Thanks for your help, dejudicibus.

This worked splendidly. Thank you.

Announcements