cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator stopped working

mdolifka
Apprentice

I have had the Canon PIXMA  MX439 for almost a year and it has worked perfectly until recently. A few weeks ago I started getting this message every time I try to scan: "MP Navigator EX has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Sometimes the scan still saves successfully to the folder and sometimes it does not. I'm not sure what made this start or how to fix the problem. I've looked online and tried some of the suggestions, but nothing has worked. My printer could beconnected wirelessly, but I've always used it hardwired.

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi mdolifka!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

I have Windows 7.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi mdolifka,

There are several possible reasons for this error, but let's check the most common cause first.

Follow these steps to check for any non-Canon TWAIN devices that may be conflicting with your scanner drivers:

1. Click the Start icon and select 'Computer'.

2. On the left-hand pane, double-click 'Local Disk (C:)'.

3. Use the scroll bar on the left-hand pane to scroll down and then double-click 'Windows' folder.

4. Use the scroll bar on the left-hand pane to scroll down and then double-click 'twain_32' folder.

5. Under twain_32, right-click on the non-Canon model folder and select 'Cut'

6. Use the scroll bar on the left-hand pane to scroll up and then click 'Windows' folder.

7. In Windows folder, right-click in a blank any area and select 'Paste'.

8. If prompted to provide administrator permission to move the folder, click 'Continue'.

9. If prompted to provide permission again, click 'Continue'.

10. Reboot the computer, open MP Navigator and try again.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I thought I had found the answer to my prayers until I got to the twain_32 folder and found only 1 subfolder named MX870 series and a file named wiatwain.ds. Are there other suggestions on what I might can do to get MP Navigator working. Any help will be appreciated

Hi RogerD,

Which printer do you have, and which version of Windows is in use?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, it would be best to get in touch with our technical support team at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Julius,

My printer is an MX870 and I'm using Windows 7, Home Premium 32 Bit, on a Dell Latitude 830 laptop. The orignal OS was Windows Vista and was upgraded to Widows 7 when 7 was released. Don't use the scanner too often, so I'm not sure when it quit working. I uninstalled Navigator and reinstalled from your web site. It tried to work one time and then failed again.

Thanks for any assistance you might provide.

Roger

Announcements