cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought an older Canon 60D w/1.5" LCD. Need more info and value.

fettig20
Contributor

12 REPLIES 12

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
There is only one Canon 60D. Did you perhaps mean D60 instead? The D60 is a much older 6.3 megapixel camera. The 60D is a more recent (a few years old) 18 megapixel camera.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

The Canon D60 was released in 2002 and was superseded by the 10D in 2003.  They can be bought for about $100 on ebay or Craigslist today. 

It has a 1.5" LCD screen and is pretty slow in operation compared to today's cameras. (it is slow to start up, slow to write files to the memory card, and slow to review the photos).

It was designed before the Digital Rebel and the lens mount will only accept Canon EF lenses. Canon EF-S lenses won't fit unless you modify the mount.. Third party "crop camera" lenses (like Sigma and Tamron) will work just fine. 

Here is a link that shows many of the specs: PhotoNotes.org camera lookup

D60b.jpg

D60a.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Yes, Mike, what I bought was a D60.  Thanks for all the info on it.  It also included a 28mm 1:1.4 aspherical lens and an external battery grip.  I only paid $20 so I think I got a deal.  What do you think?

You definitely got a fantastic deal. Especially since it came with a grip and a lens.   Canon doesn't make a 28mm 1:1.4 lens though.

Is it a 24mm 1:1.4 by any chance?

Mike Sowsun

You're way too smart!  It is 28mm but is a Sigma.

Is it a Sigma 28mm 1.8 maybe? 

Sigma-20mm-Lenses.jpg

Mike Sowsun

It is a Sigma 28mm 1.8 aspherical.  What do you know about it?

I really don't know anything about that particular lens, but the online reviews say it is a pretty good lens.  It won't be too sharp wide open at f/1.8, but as with almost any lens, you will get better sharpness if you stop down a little. 

Mike Sowsun

Thanks for the info.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements