cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Ink replacements not being sent soon enough

mrswitters
Contributor

I signed up for the Instant Ink program a few months ago. I've had a few cases where the ink tank ran out before Canon shipped the replacement. I don't print a lot, so there's often plenty of time between when the ink tank gets close to low and my next print, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

We don't hear this too often.  Normally people say that they're getting ink a little faster than they need it.  Do you live in a remote location? Is it hard for carriers to get deliveries to you?

You can log into My Canon and check that your subscription settings are correct.

You can also call customer support and see if they can make any internal adjustments on shipping speed.

It might also be helpful for you to purchase one set of inks or toners cartridges so that you have a spare on hand in case of an emergency or delivery delay.  This can always be used in a pinch and replenished when you get your shipment.  Hopefully these suggestions will be helpful.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick. I live in central Oregon (Bend). The issue is not the transit time from when Canon ships the ink, it's that it isn't shipping the ink soon enough. For example, the red ink tank was completely empty (had a red "x" on it on the control panel) several days ago, yet it just shipped out from Canon today. I will call customer support later, and get an extra set of ink tanks to have as a backup as you suggest.

Now PM is showing empty, and MBK and M are almost out. I just checked the subscription, and it says "PRESUBMIT" for PM, which means it will be shipped soon. But that's too late—the ink is already out. The MBK and M should be in "PRESUBMIT" status so I receive them before they run out, but they aren't. 

When I had this service on a previous printer, it worked great. Now, not so much. 

Announcements