cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanna upgrade from Canon T6

JaxonThomas
Apprentice

I use the Canon T6 since july 2016, now I use it for wedding video and production but I feel like the camera is holding me back in a lot of ways.

I was thinking to sell my camera and buy the SL3, that costs 17,509MXN (785USD), wich is relatively new, has a flip screen, eye tracking, and a lot of stuff that i really need to be unleashed at a 100%.

But also I was thinking about the 90D (33,000MXN / 1,480USD) or the EOS RP with adapter (32,724MXN / 1,468USD), that is 12 bucks cheaper than the 90D.

What should I choose and Why?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Of those you are considering...

Buy The 90D

Build quality of the 90D is far and above in addition to how it will perform.  It will offer the most versatility in the majority of situations.  I'm not going to go into the how or why.  If you do some rearch, you'll see for yourself what I'm referring to.    

Camera Decision (1 to1 ) website will help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Buy The 90D"

Rick is right!  90D all the way. First off the 90D is closer to a professional model and it sounds like that is where you are headed.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

BTW, if you buy the 90D check out the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens. That lens alone is reason enough to buy a 90D.

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The 90D is a good all-around camera.  However, if you are looking to improve your video quality, then you may want to wait to see what the latest Canon mirrorless bodies, R5 and R6, have to offer.  

Give your T6 high quality glass, and it can do an excellent job in skilled hands.  However, the T6 does have a host of negative knocks when it comes to video production.  The upcoming R5/R6 seem to promise vastly improved video specs and performance.

If you have held back this long before pulling the trigger on a new body, then I hope that you can hold back a couple more months....through this years June 2020 wedding season.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"...you may want to wait to see what the latest Canon mirrorless bodies, R5 and R6,..."

OP "may" want to also check the bank account, T6 $400 vs R5 est.$3500+.  (90D $1100 for comparison)

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements