cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm off!

ScottyP
Authority

Leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks in Europe; Switzerland, Italy, France and Barcelona, Spain.  Slightly uncomfortable on that last one now, given recent news, but logically it will be ok.

Taking my new-ish Think Tank pack with my final lens selection:  16-35 f/2.8, 35mm f/1.4 and 70-200 f/2.8.  Also taking my teeny tiny 5-inch tall tripod and enough SD cards to take thousands of shots.  Have 3 different padlocks on the backpack. Also have my Cotton Carrier Strapshot to hold the camera on the front of my backpack strap. 

More important than gear, I have been reading and practicing with the wide angle lens. 

More important than all that, we have lots of fun stuff planned with the family, and lots of good food and wine to sample.   Wish me luck!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

Have a GREAT trip.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Sounds good! Enjoy yourselves and get some great shots!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have a good trip, and get home safely.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

So exciting...............Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Have fun!  I'm just returning from my road trip out to Wyoming to view and capture the eclipse (more to share later once I process the images.)

As for the practicing... that's a great idea.  Sometimes I'll take a lens I think of as awkward to use... out to a location and leave all other lenses behind to force myself to get creative with that lens.  I also feel I need practice learning to use wide angle lenses effectively.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

michael007
Contributor

Great! Wish you have a good trip and take many good pictures.Smiley Happy

Announcements