cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for a flatbed scanner than can scan documents that are 11" x 17"

renovak
Apprentice

As the title states, I need to scan some documents that are 11" x 17". These documents are inked comic pages on vellum, which is sort of a thick, semi-translucent kind of paper. I think I'll need to lay these pages flat to scan them, instead of running them through a sheetfed scanner.

Every Office Depot or Staples I visit has multi-function devices from HP and Epson that can scan this large. However, I've always had issues with devices from these companies, be it driver problems or hardware problems. I've also had a Mustek scanner in the past and it rapidly stopped working. I'm very happy with Canon products and would like to stay with this brand. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear Canon makes a flatbed scanner this large, and it's hard to tell if any of their multifunctions can do it.

The question is: does Canon offer a product now, or have they offered one in the past, that can scan this large of a document? If not, who can I talk to about product ideas? My alternative would be scanning the pages one half at a time and then trying to join them in Photoshop, but who has that kind of time?

Thanks for any help you can give.

R. Ellis Novak

www.photoncomics.com 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements