cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm impressed...

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

After much provarication and procrastination I finally dealt to the weed patch directly outside my study.  Having done so, and suitably exhausted by my efforts, I was sitting admiring my handiwork through my slightly grubby double-glaze window and venetian blinds when birds started foraging in the recently-disturbed soil. 

Grabbing the first camera to hand - in this case the Canon EOS 5DsR, with the EF 70-200L f/4MkII lens on board, I carefully parted the blind to shoot and got this hand-held: (much reduced):
This is essentially SooC but reduced dramatically to fit the dreaded 5MB file limit!
200mm, f/5, 1/200sec, ISO-800
_DSR0921 FF copy.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised to see how a bit of PP brought the details out and improved the colour rendition significantly.  The 5DsR is a BEAST!

_DSR0891 LR copy.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Nice shot! Bird looks like it is posing for you.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

It would have been a tad easier if it had decided to pose without the vegetation in the way.  Shooting single-point autofocus is my go-to method for NZ birds, and you can probably see why!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements