cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I continuous get called when using the MG6320 printer to give my attention to the desktop to take ca

set231
Contributor

Hello,..Why do I get called to the desktop because the printer require my attention,..go to the desktop to take care of it" Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, Sorry about that! The pixmaMG6320 works...Print, but just before printing the ( pages) there' a chime like sound as if there a call for me to do something other than see if my copies are being emitted. This printer was used with a Window Vista 34 bit before I purchased the "New' Dell runing Window 8.1 64bit. (Beleive it or not) I don't remember if I did a setup from the    Canon Printer disc. Maybe I should do a Clean install,etc,( remove all Canon printer' files fron my new computer and act as if  I'm installing a "New" computer..............But,.What happen when iI get to the part which i'am to install the ink carteages (sp) Also will the "New' Drivers"  auto downloads or will I have to go to the Canon site and manual dfownload, also I may have downloaded the Driver Files recently  files wuth the exception off "Image Garden" ( which I do not need......Do Youi Think maybe that could be the problem. I know there' a lot's here but there nothing like perfection, that why there' Canon. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Set231!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello, Sorry about that! The pixmaMG6320 works...Print, but just before printing the ( pages) there' a chime like sound as if there a call for me to do something other than see if my copies are being emitted. This printer was used with a Window Vista 34 bit before I purchased the "New' Dell runing Window 8.1 64bit. (Beleive it or not) I don't remember if I did a setup from the    Canon Printer disc. Maybe I should do a Clean install,etc,( remove all Canon printer' files fron my new computer and act as if  I'm installing a "New" computer..............But,.What happen when iI get to the part which i'am to install the ink carteages (sp) Also will the "New' Drivers"  auto downloads or will I have to go to the Canon site and manual dfownload, also I may have downloaded the Driver Files recently  files wuth the exception off "Image Garden" ( which I do not need......Do Youi Think maybe that could be the problem. I know there' a lot's here but there nothing like perfection, that why there' Canon. Thanks.

Ramona
Authority

Hi set231,

We can install the latest drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website to ensure that a clean installation of the printer is on your computer.  Please click here to go to the initial download page for your PIXMA MG6320.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUIP file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the Mini Master Setup file, please follow the steps above to also download the software for the printer, except for in Step 2 you will want to click on the red arrow next to the word SOFTWARE to display and download the software.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

CANON PRINTER PIXMAMG6320

This is my second request on this matter,....I've made a few changes in my original letter. may be I will take you up on your offer and allow YOU to do a Clean install,etc,( Download from  CANON, if that' possuible) I have had no-luck in geting this to work propertly. What the heck am I doing wrong?

......... The printer-Canon' pixma MG6320 works.,..Print;etc......... But  just before printing &  sometime after  printing the pages  there' a chime like sound as if there a call for me to the desktop to check the printer..On the screen, this notice appears (PRINTER : "THE PRINTER REQUIRES YOUR ATTENTION .GO TO YHE DESKTOP TO TAKE CARE OF IT")  I am working with a  Dell runing Window 8.1, 64bits,  Maybe I should do a Clean install,etc, Or can you do it from CANON?  Many Thanks. set231

Will call as soon as I  return and have you do this Many thanks your quickness to this matter. THANKS'

Announcements