cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update Wishlist

FullyFramed
Apprentice

Not sure about you guys but I wish it was possible to have a built-in intervalometer!

22 REPLIES 22

ratan
Enthusiast

I wish that the 1DX has constant illuminated af points when focussing. 

I like DSLRs and a Gear Whore.

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II

Didn't they fix that with the last firmware update?  I'm still waiting for that fix for the 5D3.

They did but it's not constant. To better describe it, their firmware updated blinking illuminating af points. Not constant
I like DSLRs and a Gear Whore.

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II

CanonEOS600D
Contributor
I wish there is more Video FPS options on the EOS Rebel T3i, such as 24/5 FPS @ 720p or 30 FPS @ 720p.

alain
Contributor

Well, you can add almost all features of Magic Lantern to many canon models !

If you are interested in video, you can ggole "magic Lantern" for a quick look at what they offer (it is quite great).

Note that this is third party so I don't see canon officially supporting any of this (unfortunately, because this is what users call for).

For still, I'd like to have this in the 1D4 :

- adjustable auto ISO

- more slots in MyMenu

- Option for autoretract the 85II when switching camera off

- more flexible file naming option

For sure, the red AF points in AF and 5D3 should be Canon biggest concern for now.

Alain

koolmind
Contributor
Intervallometer abd fast high speed shooting for 5dmk2

Peter
Authority
Authority
What camera do you have? Magic Lantern exists and work with my 5D.

joekodak
Contributor

On 5DmkIII they should display "Locked" when Lock Switch is on and you try to adjust exposure compensation.

Currently the camera just displays "L" briefly I will probably remember this. But I had it happen during a shoot, didn't mean to even set Lock Switch on and of course I didn't have the manual handy.

It should be a simple change, yet helpful. There may be other conditions tied to the Lock Switch too. If so, this change should apply to those conditions also.

focus
Contributor

Announcements