cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit equipment on My Canon account page

jeffnles1
Apprentice

Hello all.  I hope this is easy to answer.

I registered a new lens (RF-S 10-18 STM) into my account on my canon.  Either I didn't se it or it didn't ask for serial number.  I then clicked on the link to register my carepak.  Both are showing up fine on the account however, both are missing the serial number.

How may I edit that to include the serial number?  I can fin don edit button or link on the website where I can edit my equipment list.

Thanks,

Jeff (Jeff and Leslie Nature and Wildlife Photography)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Newton is spot on about using the pencil to edit registered products. 😀

Note, you cannot edit the properties of a registered product once a CarePak has been activated on it. 

If you want to add the serial number, you'll need to contact Canon. 

1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 9:00 pm

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Jeff.

You should be able to click the item, which will bring up the edit window. You can then click the pencil to edit.

Edit Product List-2.jpg

Edit Product List-1.jpg

Newton

Thanks.  The root of the problem seems to be the edit "pencil" and "trash can" are absent from mine.  I've tried with both Safari and Google Chrome and nothing there to indicate edit or remove.  Not the biggest deal of the day (1st world problem for sure) but just a little frustrating.  Wonder if it is a "Mac" thing?

It shouldn't matter if it's Mac or Windows. I did take those screen shots from Chrome running Windows earlier today. But you never know, it could be some security settings on the Mac or the Apple version of Safari or Chrome that keeps certain popups or editors from working. Just a thought.

Newton

thanks.  Not sure what's going on.  Given this is more of a curiosity thing since I have them all registered I think we've spent more time thinking about it than it's worth.  Appreciate your thoughts on it. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Newton is spot on about using the pencil to edit registered products. 😀

Note, you cannot edit the properties of a registered product once a CarePak has been activated on it. 

If you want to add the serial number, you'll need to contact Canon. 

1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 9:00 pm

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That makes sense.  Wish the fellow at Canon would have offered that simple answer.  I did learn that the RF=S 10-18 lens does not allow the serial number to be added for CarePak because they handle it differently (the fellow at Canon said they replace vs. repair that lens).  Guess that is why I didn't see the field into which I could enter the serial number.  Now the CarePak is activated, there isn't a way to make the change.  Good news is I have the SN all stored here at home too.

I appreciate your answer. 

Jeff

click here to view the gallery
Announcements