cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do ANY BluRay players play AVCHD 2.0 (Progressive)?

Phil777
Contributor

I just purchased a Canon 80D as, amonst other things, it records in 1920x1080p at 50fps here in Australia.

I then process my athletics videos with PowerDirector 14 so that, at times, I can show the movement in slow motion in full HD.

In PD14 the only type of DVD that is capable of recording 1920x1080p at 50fps is AVCHD H.264. This AVCHD is actually AVCHD 2.0 (Progressive).

But my Samsung BluRay BD-H6500 player will not play AVCHD 2.0 DVD's. This DVD player is so intelligent it creates a two-line sensence saying it cannot play AVCHD 2.0 discs! It knows about AVCHD 2.0 and tells me it cannot play it!!!

Remarkable!

Samsung BluRay Support Chat were no help at all admitting their player cannot play AVCHD 2.0.

Am I going crazy? Canon and Cyberlink can give me AVCHD 2.0 (Progressive) but Samsung can't play it?

Does Canon or anyone have a solution to this problem please?

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

We are not video experts here, in general. (Note the relative paucity of activity on the video forums here.)

I suggest you ask on another forum, for example the Apple Final Cut forum, or an Adobe Premiere forum, where more knowledgeable video people hang out.

I am not sure what kind of solution you want, If you need it to play on blue ray, use a standard blue ray CODEC.

I took my home burnt AVCHD 2.0 DVD down to JB Hi Fi and they tried it out on an $80 Panasonic DMP-BD84 Blu-ray Disc Player and it played it ok. I immediately purchased this player.

Samsung sucks.

Panasonic and Sony made an agreement in 2011 regarding AVCHD 2.0.

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/5518972991/avchd2p0

Announcements