cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact flash card recovery

Tinamarie425
Contributor

Is it possible to recover images that have mysteriously disappeared from a compact flash card? I didn’t delete they just vanished. There is no read error as the the rest of the images on the are there.

also what would cause files to just disappear 

11 REPLIES 11

I appreciate your help and head your advice. I just didn’t like that other guys response.  Yeah unfortunately I had a break in and both my computers and external storage were stolen. Although they will be very disappointed when all they find is my life works in pictures on them.  The specific images in question were actually the last thing I ever shot. So I happened to still have that memory card. I don’t have every memory card still but I have a few.

I actually didn’t reuse memory cards It was a brand new one for every assignment. Because sometimes I had to turn over the card. But also keeping the card intact was  like the back up to the back up. 
If I can’t do the recovery process myself can I take it somewhere? Also if a recovery process is done will it wipe out the entire card?  Forgive me if that sounds stupid. But again I have never encountered this issue so I am clueless. 

I get it accidents happen especially when technology is involved. I do appreciate all your suggestions and you have been helpful. 2 new computers and external storage are just not in the budget right now. And since I am no longer shooting professionally they aren’t a necessity right now. 

Since it doesn’t look like the card is damaged I think you should have good probability of recovering the files. Check your personal messages. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements