cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Powershot Zoom Monocular

image1maker
Contributor

I purchased two of these unique camera/monoculars to be give as Christmas gifts but discouvered that they don't come with a charging adapter, only a double ended usb 3.0 cable! I have tried every charger I own and cannot charge the devices. The instruction sheet recommends a Canon PD-Ei USB power adapter that the would gladly sell me fo $199.00! The power required to charge this device must be (9VDC/2A or more. Can anyone recommend a solution for less that $199.99?

13 REPLIES 13

this works very well: [Mod note: Removed link per Forum Guidelines - replaced with screenshot]

PDCharger.JPG

Thanks. This is very helpful. Appreciate the extra effort.

Here is a nice little "field charger" that you can use to keep the Powershot Zoom going when you are out and about: Charmast Smallest 10000 USB C PD Quick Charge Portable Charger, Mini Small 10000mah Power Delivery QC Power Bank, Compact Phone External Battery Pack
Charmast at Amazon, here is a charger that works with the camera and the powerpack, also at Amazon: Huntkey USB C Charger, 18W 9V/2A 5V/3A Power Adapter, PD3.0 Fast Type C Wall Chargers for Samsung Note10/S10/A8s/S/Note 9/S9/S9+/Note 8/S8/S8+, Pixel

Why would you expect a $300 device to shoot raw format? I bought two of them for ny daughters and they are very happy with all the feathres. I even bought them little USB3 powerpacks so they could charge them in the field. I've been a canon film and digital camera user since 1965 and many of my early Canon DSLR's didn't shoot raw format and they cost a lot more that $300

click here to view the gallery
Announcements