cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon INFO e-mail

rottati
Apprentice

Question: why all Canon INFO e-mail sent in the last 180 days only talk about Mirrorless cameras? I love my DSLR but all advertisements are about Mirrorless (cameras, lenses or accessories). Shall we ask not to forget those DSLR type fans???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bhill
Contributor

Yep, and I have heard that Canon has stopped all EF mount innovations as well. I livwd through this in the FD days...so dont drop your EF glass. You may not be able to get a new lens once stock is gone. Keep in mind, Canon is in the business of selling new tech....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bhill
Contributor

Yep, and I have heard that Canon has stopped all EF mount innovations as well. I livwd through this in the FD days...so dont drop your EF glass. You may not be able to get a new lens once stock is gone. Keep in mind, Canon is in the business of selling new tech....

Greetings,

Canon is not the only manufacturer who is in the business of developing and selling new tech....

Mirrorless is the future.  EF is done and so are DSLR's for the most part.

I'm still using mine and have a good deal invested, but all of us will be making the move to RF and mirrorless at some point.

You don't have to dump your EF glass to go mirrorless.  Control Ring adapters will allow everyone to transition to RF and embrace mirrorless at their own pace.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements