cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Moon

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

My good friend, Tom Martinez, also a Hallmark photographer made this video of the recent Blood Moon (Moon eclipse).

Of course he and I use Canon equipment!  Smiley Happy  So a post here on the Canon Forum seem relative.

Check this out.

Blood Moon

Tom Martinez is a nationally know and published astro-photographer.  This shows why! 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
6 REPLIES 6

hsbn
Whiz
Thanks for sharing. Did you capture anything to share on that night?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Yes I did.  But it is not in the same league as Tom's.  Plus as you can see in Tom's video, there are a few clouds around.

At any rate here it is.

red moons.jpg

EB

Thank you for sharing. It was cloudy right here when the total eclipse happened too. Hopefully, we can have a clear sky come Oct.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

And yet still very nice!  

Around here we were 'treated' to a view of the (a) clouds and (b) several new inches of snow (and thus set the record for the most snowfall for my town since the history fo weather recording began as well as the coldest average winter temp since the history of weather recroding began.)

The following day a club member fessed up that he bought a new scope the previous day.  We blame him.  There's a rule in astronomy... if you buy a new scope it will be cloudy.  Of all the rules of physics, I don't understand how this one actually works... only that it does.  😕

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Yes, you are so right!
EB

If you would like to see exactly how Tom shot this, here is his blog.

Tom J Martinez

He is a willing teacher and will answer any questions on how to do astro-photography.

EB
Announcements