cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Canon camera to start out with for photography and cinematography?

nadiahaik78
Apprentice

I just graduated in multimedia design with a big interest in audiovisuals. As a birthday/graduation present my parents are letting me choose a camera so I can do some jobs on my own while looking for a job at a production company. I'd like a camera that can take nice pictures, but also shoot nice videos (either 1080p or 4K).

My brand of choice is Canon and the budget is around €900 - €1600. Preferably with a standard lens, but just the body is okay too.

What's the best Canon camera that meets these wishes?

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

Congratulations on your graduation. 

I think you would get your best recommendations by checking with the educators and peers at your school. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

aDiaz
Contributor

Canon EOS Rebel SL3 would be a nice choice for a beginer

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"My brand of choice is Canon and the budget is around €900 - €1600."

Well you certainly picked the right brand. Smiley Happy Now make sure you pick what is going to be viable for the future.  That is not an SL3 nor any DSLR.  You need to check out the "R" series of Canon cameras.  They are the future.

I think the Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera at $1000 US dollars is the beginning model. The Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Lens is right at $400 US dollars.  How that translates to your money I don't know but R is the way to go for sure.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements