cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Quick Thanks To Canon

Far-Out-Dude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I just wanted to say thank you very much to Canon for the second repair on my camera, I had sent it in to have the screen replaced after it took a fall in May and when I sent it in I had also wanted to have the on off switch replaced. Problem was I forgot to write it on the paper. I had called up and spoke with them and told them I wanted to have the switched fixed when they got it and they were kind enough to say they would fix it.

Unfortunately somehow that did not get done though I thought it had because when it came back the switch felt different. I went to a couple of state parks to take some pictures and after that trip I had come home and downloaded the pictures to the PC and then the switch would not go back to the off position no matter how hard I pulled it back.

I called Canon explained about how it was supposed to be done and how I had called in the repair that I had forgotten to write down, they checked some things (I am guessing they listened to the other calls to verify maybe) and found out what I said was true and they sent me an RMA slip, covering shipping so I sent it in and they repaired it lickety-split and had it back to me in working order in no time with no return fee either.

It is nice to see a company honor their word these days, that is no longer the norm and to be honest I thought I was going to be without a camera 3 months to a year because I am oh disability and the first time I had sent it in put me in a bind financially and I would not have been able to pay for the repair this second time. I should mention it was no longer covered by warranty so I paid for it the first time to be repaired and thought I would have to pay again, I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was that they covered it for the power switch repair.

Thank you so much for standing behind your word and repairs for me Canon, it truly means a lot to me.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks so much for the kind words, Far-Out-Dude!  If you should ever need our help again, we'll be here.  In the meantime, happy snapping! 

T

You're welcome and thank you much. Not going to be able to do anything outside for about a month I'm having surgery so I'm going to do some snapping this week.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements