cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Malfunction of Lighting Problems? Help!

annad67
Apprentice

Hi everyone, I recently shot a wedding and I wanted to know if I have an issue that needs to be fixed or if this is a common problem in low light? (I've never experienced this before)

As you see in this photo, there is a black shadow that moves from one side of the frame to the other. The settings are not being changed here from one shot to the next.Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.21.14 AM.pngSometimes I'd get great shots, and others would be almost all black/ or half black.

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.19.27 AM.png

Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model camera you're using, the type of lighting that was being utilized in your shooting environment (natural, incandescent, fluorescent, LED, halogen, etc.), what mode(s) did you use on your camera. If you can give the community any EXIF data along with your photos, that might also be helpful.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What camera body?  Hopefully, it is light flicker and not a failing shutter.

You can rule out the camera body or the lighting by going outdoors and using the same exposure settings.  Of course, you would want to take the photos when there is similar amount of light as your indoor photos, so that you do not way overspose the shots.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Are you using ETTL flash? If so, we can probably tell you the answer. You may not like it, but it doesn't point to a malfunction of either the camera or the flash unit.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Too vague, need a lot more details.

Easy way to tell if the camera is at fault or you!  Go outside on a nice Sunny day. Set the camera to A mode, ISO 200 (fixed not auto), One shot and WB to daylight. Take several shots.  If it works, it works, and you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

My first 'guess' looking at your examples is wrong settings in the camera for the shot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements