Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: EOS R Autofocus Advice needed

" I would want to use a super wide angle lens, somewhere in the 14-16mm range."

I have done real estate photos for my aunt who is a broker. Without knowing the venue you can't say what FL would be best.  It is a fools errand to suggest gear without seeing what is actually being shot and the conditions. One consideration is, as the lens gets wider, lower FL number, distortion in straight lines becomes an issue again depending on the venue.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
VIP

Repeat.................."I think we need to see an example."  Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Waddizzle's photo is an excellent example of how to do it right. My wife and I shoot as partners, and we use similar techniques. This link goes to our current exhibition of landscape photos, most of which are 5 shot brackets, but in our case, the hyperfocal point was auto focused using a single center point and then the shot recomposed with the shutter half down and the five exposures made thereafter. Lately, we have been using manual focus more.  Most of the shots were hand-held due to the extensive walking involved and not wanting to carry a tripod to every location. Aperture priority mode is critical. We mostly used an iso setting that kept shutter speeds reasonably fast for all of the brackets. We used a 6D with a 17-40mm L attached. I know this thread is about the EOS R, but the fundamental priniples apply no matter what the camera.