cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M6

jmmartin976
Apprentice

Is there anyway to use this camera to stream? or do I need a capture card? i see there is the beta software for the Mark II but not for M6.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jmmartin976 wrote:

Is there anyway to use this camera to stream? or do I need a capture card? i see there is the beta software for the Mark II but not for M6.

The Webcam Beta is not intended for Live Streaming video out of the HDMI port.  It is designed to allow you to replace the low quality camera built into your laptop for video conferencing with your much better quality camera.  

Does the M6 allow you to use the EOS Utility for Remote Shooting via USB?  If not, then the Beat software will not work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

alexpilion
Enthusiast

No, unfortunately they implemented that functionality only for cameras with the newer DIGIC, that's why the software is available only for EOS M6 mark II , EOS M50, EOS M200 and so on
In theory you can use the micro HDMI monitor out with a capture card anyway you will not have any control on the camera and to prevent shutdown you will need to record a video at the same time so you will need a large SD and you will struggle with 1.4 hdmi version restrictions; likely getting an EOS M200 for that would be easier..

Announcements