Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Canon eos rp hang problem

Hi, I am having the same issue. Has anyone been able to solve this? Thanks
New Contributor

I got my RP back from service for this issue. The issue was narrowed down to a faulty wifi board. Canon replaced both the mainboard and the wifi board and everything is working great. 

Occasional Contributor

Hmm it's disappointing that a new camera has that problem already, but good that they replaced it. How long did it take for the whole situation to be fixed and the camera returned to you?
New Contributor

The repair was completed in 3 days once canon had the camera. With shipping both ways the whole process was 10 days.
Occasional Contributor

Ok at least they are pretty quick to fix the issue!

If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel with the rp in general? Just wondering what people think of the camera since I haven't had much time to use it.

Occasional Contributor

Hello...my issue is solved automatically after 2 months..I Don't use the camera for 2 months..When i start it after 2 months, it becomes normal
Occasional Contributor

Hmm interesting.. and a bit worrying haha. Did you ever find out what the problem was? Did you contact Canon?
Occasional Contributor

There is no official support of canon in my country.. So i can't contact.. But i think something is wrong..because my camera was also new.After one month, i have the issue..it can be a hardware problem
New Contributor

My EOS RP camera is experincing similar symptoms.  I plan on contacting Canon Support on or before this Tuesday, June 1st.

Occasional Contributor

Hmm that's unfortunate. I contacted Canon and they recommended I just return the camera for a refund. It must be a batch a bad cameras because it seems to be happening recently for some people.

Also a question for anyone, do you find the shutter button particularly noisy? Like it squeaks and feels mushy? Not sure it that was normal.