cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is EOS webcam utility not working? Won't work on MacBook, OK on PC

kaayasat
Apprentice

I have been trying to get into plane spotting streaming for a while but whenever I connect my EOS 1500d to my MacBook it does not get detected by the webcam utility. It works just fine with my Windows PC and the EOS utility 3. I have even uninstalled Utility 3 to see if that is what the problem is. I know it's not the cord because I just got a new data transfer one. Whenever I plug it in (with it in video mode) it makes the mirror adjusting sound and displays press the movie button to activate movie shooting. I am stumped.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, kaayasat! We appreciate the info, though we need to let you know that the EOS 1500D is not supported by our team here at Canon USA since that camera isn't available in this country.  If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.  Your fellow Community members are still welcome to offer their advice.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

flyingron
Enthusiast

Substiturte Rebel T7 for everyplace he said 1500D and then answer the question, if it is even remotely possible that this is within your competency.   These are the same Cameras just with different marketing names.

Announcements