cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XTi webcam capability

rhys_kitikion
Apprentice

Hello,

Is there any planned future support for the Rebel XTi to be usable in a webcam mode?  I was gifted one in the last year or so and I was trying to see what all I can utilize it for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The XTi has no live view or movie capabilities, so it is not physically capable of being a webcam.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

It is not likely, to put it mildly, that Canon would ever do anything to enable using this old camera as a webcam. There are even newer models that can't webcam. 

How about utilizing the XTi as a CAMERA? If you are new to digital photography you can at least get started on the learning curve. Then maybe you could invest in a camera that IS webcam-capable.

I'm not really into photography.  I was just kind of randomly gifted this camera out of the blue in more of a "hand me down/we're not going to use this anymore so here you go" way so I was trying to see what additional uses I can make of it.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The XTi has no live view or movie capabilities, so it is not physically capable of being a webcam.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

More bad news for you. It isn’t worth much to sell or trade in for a camera that can be used as a webcam.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements